The GOSC International Programme Office (GOSC IPO) has been jointly established and is collaboratively supported by the Committee on Data of the International Science Council (CODATA, ISC) and the Computer Network Information Center, Chinese Academy of Science (CNIC, CAS). The launch event of the IPO was held on 12 October 2022.
The GOSC IPO serves as a coordinating and facilitating body and as such provides the GOSC Steering Group with timely updates regarding the GOSC progress and activities; supports science communication through relevant meetings, workshops, and events; and promotes effective engagement among various stakeholders involved in the GOSC Initiative.
GOSC IPO Vision & Mission
Under the umbrella of the GOSC Initiative, the GOSC IPO is dedicated to promoting international alignment between digital research e-infrastructures in the pursuit of open science.
Guided by the GOSC Steering Group (GOSC SG) as well as the CODATA Secretariat, the GOSC IPO assume the responsibilities to:
- Expand the international cooperation network for GOSC and maintain close contact with GOSC members;
- Represent GOSC for an increased community outreach; facilitate science communication and the promotion of GOSC Initiative within and out of the academic and scientific realm;
- Manage day-to-day operations and further development of the GOSC Initiative.
Priorities in 2022-2023
- Organize member meetings, internal discussions, and other GOSC regular activities as needed.
- Support science communication via the GOSC prototype website.
- The 2nd GOSC All Hands Meeting (Online, 13 Oct 2022)
- 2nd FAIR Convergence Symposium and 1st FDO Conference (Leiden, 24-28 October 2022)
- 2023 International Training Workshop 28 Aug-8 September 2023
- International Symposium on Open Science Clouds (Beijing, 4-6 September 2023)
- Publish GOSC annual reports, regular newsletters, flyers, posters, and other promotional materials.
- GOSC Flyer providing overview of the initiative published in May 2023
Lili ZHANG, Executive Director of GOSC IPO
Xueting LI, Operations Manager
IPO email: email@example.com
CODATA Secretariat remains to be the primary contact for queries regarding the GOSC Initiative in general. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.