The CODATA member organisation for the United States of America is the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.
The mission of the CODATA US National Committee (USNC) is to advance the progress of science through effective data management in the US and in coordination with global efforts, consistent with the CODATA mission. The USNC will connect the dots within the US and among the US and international goals and activities.
Priority Activities for 2021-2022
- Data science training for under-served communities in the US
- Overcoming barriers to data science for early career STEM professionals
- Rural areas (Appalachia/rural South)
- Minority serving institutions
- Based on RDA/CODATA Schools of Research Data Science
- Funding in process
- Objective is provide a hand up to under-served regions and formation of cohort community
- US National Data Summit
- Convene about 25 data organizations based in the US to discuss a “Data Together”– like cooperation
- Planned for Q2 of 2022
- Work with the US National Academies Board on Research Data and Information (BRDI) on mobilizing a focus on coordination of a US Open Research Commons
- Support a bid for hosting International Data Week 2025.
|Bonnie Carroll, CODATA USNC Chair|
|Alexander de Sherbinin|
|Mary Lee Kennedy|
|Staff: Ester Sztein|