CODATA convened a Virtual General Assembly on 25 June 2020 at 11:00-13:00 UTC.
Presentations and Supporting Documents
- Agenda for Virtual GA on 25 June 2020
- COvision, CODATA President Barend Mons’s vision for CODATA
- International Collaboration for FAIR Data and Open Science, Update on CODATA activities, Simon Hodson, Executive Director
- Financial Report to the 2020 CODATA General Assembly, John Broome, Treasurer
- Task Group Activities and Outputs Summary for 2020 VGA
- DRAFT 2020 CODATA Budget and 2019 Comparison
- DRAFT 2020 CODATA Budget – Explanatory Notes
The recording of the VGA is available from the CODATA Vimeo channel and below
The primary purpose of the VGA was to conclude the membership vote on the Executive Committee’s recommendation that the full, in person General Assembly, which had been scheduled for 24 October 2020, be postponed to November 2021 to take place alongside International Data Week in Seoul, Republic of Korea, 8-11 November 2021.
- Letter from the CODATA President, Barend Mons, convening a virtual General Assembly
- Appendix – the Case and Procedure for Postponing the CODATA General Assembly
- Matters for Voting – CODATA Virtual Assembly
Voting was conducted using the Election Runner tool, both prior to and during the VGA with the poll closing at 12:00 UTC.
52 of 54 delegates cast their vote before the poll closed (96%).
The result was unanimous approval of the recommendation to postpone the General Assembly and to approve the necessary extensions to terms (for Executive Committee members, Officers and Task Groups) concomitant to that extension.