CODATA Task Groups 2018 – 2020
Task Groups are groups of scientists, researchers and data experts who work together on a specific problem or theme to advance the state of data management and to advance science and improve our world. Task Groups are proposed according to a procedure defined by the CODATA Constitution and they are approved and endorsed by the General Assembly. They are an important means through which CODATA delivers on its mission and Strategic Programme, including the Decadal Programme: Making Data Work for Cross-Domain Grand Challenges.
The Task Groups’ roles and responsibilities are further outlined in the Task Groups Guidelines that clarify relevant sections of the CODATA Constitution.
The following Task Groups were approved or renewed at 31st CODATA General Assembly, held on 9-10 November 2018, in Gaborone, Botswana.
- Advanced mathematical tools for data-driven applied systems analysis (New Task Group)
- Applying Data Integration and Data Science Tools toward Research of Urban Life and Smart Cities (New Task Group)
- Digital Representation of Units of Measure (DRUM) (New Task Group)
- Improving Data Access and Reusability (IDAR-TG) (New Task Group)
- Citizen Science for the SDGs – Aligning Citizen Science outcomes to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Linked Open Data for Global Disaster Risk Research
- Preservation of and Access to Scientific and Technical Data in/for/with Developing Countries (PASTD)
- Agriculture Data, Knowledge for Learning and Innovation