Proposing Additional Case Studies
Suggestions of additional Case Studies are encouraged, in particular on topics of interest to communities from more than one Open Science Cloud/Platform. The main criteria for selection of new Case Studies will be the feasibility of the activity, its potential for demonstrating how OSCs may support particular research communities, and the likely value of the proposed outputs and recommendations.
The template below should be used to propose a new GOSC Case Study. The completed form should be sent by the proposer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a review of scope and quality by the CODATA Secretariat it will be submitted to the GOSC Steering Group for consideration. Feedback will be shared with the Case Study proposer within ±30 days since the Case Study submission.
Common Template for the GOSC Case Studies
- Name of the case study.
- Description of the case study: who/where (which research projects), what (scope of research), why (do they need to share data / collaborate using an OSC?). Significance of the research issue. Why this Case is important for the a) immediate scientific community, b) the broader research community, c) society, and d) as a GOSC pilot project.
- Significance of the research issue. Why this case is important for the a) immediate scientific community, b) the broader research community, c) society, and d) as a GOSC pilot project.
- Description of some example research questions that researchers are addressing and that have a clear societal benefit.
- Data requirements for the case study.
- Description of the data area and dataset(s) that would be considered, including a) the name of the principal contact(s), b) the location of the project and the data cloud services, c) the relevant dates (when the project started, when the database was formed and placed in the cloud repository, and d) link(s) to more official information and the dataset(s).
- Statement of the problem(s) that need to be addressed by GOSC, e.g.:
- Policy/legal interoperability (existing cloud data access and use policy (a summary and link to more info, if available).
- Platform interoperability.
- Semantic interoperability.
- Key (likely/possible) deliverables.
- Main contacts.