The CODATA Connect Early Career and Alumni Network held the second in its webinar series on Smart and Resilient Cities on Monday 11 May.
Data science enlightening the path for resilient cities to fight COVID-19: Case studies from Pune (India) and Medellín (Colombia).
The speakers were:
- Mahesh Harhare, Chief Resilience Officer, Pune City (download presentation)
- Jairo Espinosa, Full Professor, Universidad Nacional de Colombia (download presentation)
This webinar presented insightful case studies on two cities’ responses to COVID-19. Participants found out how Pune (India) and Medellín (Colombia) have responded and learnt lessons with regard to policies, interventions and activities to respond to COVID-19 while taking action to mitigate the effect on their economies.
The speakers and participants discussed the following issues:
- Using data and working to keep people safe, healthy and connected during these challenging times;
- Real-time adaptations to changes in the business and economic scenarios;
- Building trust in communities and developing plans to face the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The recording of the webinar is available here.
Download the poster