A joint effort of Academia Sinica and the Pacific Science Association (PSA), the 23rd Pacific Science Congress will be held in Academia Sinica, Taipei on June 13-17, 2016. The main theme of this event is “Science, Technology, and Innovation: Building a Sustainable Future in Asia and the Pacific.”
The Organizing Committee of the 23rd Pacific Science Congress is announcing a Call for Symposium & Workshop Session Proposals for the Congress. If you would like to propose a session, please submit your proposal containing requested information to the PSC-23 website here.
Please note that the deadline for submitting proposals is scheduled for October 31, 2015.
Sub-Themes for Submission include:
1. Climate Change and Earth System Sciences
2. Biodiversity and Natural Resources
3. Food / Water / Energy
4. Human Health
5. Human Diversity and Inclusive Development
6. Disaster Risk Reduction
7. Science for Society: Building Green Societies
8. Emerging Technologies
- Dr. Takashi Gojobori speaks on “Biodiversity and Natural Resources” (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
- Dr. Sandra Harding speaks on “Human Diversity and Inclusive Development” (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Mr. Lawrence Kent speaks on “Food / Water / Energy” (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)
- Dr. Yuan-Tseh Lee speaks on “Science for Society: Building Green Societies” (Academia Sinica)
- Dr. Gordon McBean speaks on “Disaster Risk Reduction” (International Council for Science, ICSU)
- Dr. George Whitesides speaks on “Emerging Technologies” (Harvard University)
- Dr. Chi-Huey Wong speaks on “Human Health” (Academia Sinica)
- Dr. David Wratt QSO speaks on “Climate Change and Earth System Sciences” (Chief Scientist (Climate), National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research, New Zealand).
Founded in 1920 and based in Honolulu, Hawaii, the Pacific Science Association (PSA) is a regional, non-governmental, scholarly organization that seeks to advance science and technology in support of sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific.