International Series of Data Citation Workshops
The main objective of the Task Group for 2015-2016 was to promote the implementation of the data citation principles in the research policy and funding communities throughout the world. The Task Group held a major series of national and regional workshops dedicated to this focused objective and has prepared a synthesis paper that integrates the findings.
Five such workshops were held in 2015:
- China, Lanzhou, 25 August 2015
- Australia, Australian Academy of Science, Canberra, 28 October 2015
- Japan, National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, 29 October 2015
- India, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi, 4-5 November 2015
- South Africa, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Pretoria, 10 December 2015
A further five workshops were held in 2016:
- Israel, Tel Aviv, 25 May 2016
- USA, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering & Medicine, Washington, 12 July 2016
- Finland, Finnish National Open Science and Research Initiative ATT, Helsinki, 23 November 2016
- Taiwan, National Taiwan University Library, 5 December 2016.
Planning is ongoing for additional workshops in this series in France, Indonesia, Korea, Brazil…