Advancing Informatics for Microbiology
The CODATA Task Group for Advancing Informatics for Microbiology is led from the WFCC-MIRCEN World Data Centre for Microorganisms.
In an age in which microbial data is diversifying rapidly and exploding in volume, the CODATA Task Group on Advancing Informatics for Microbiology (TG-AIM) focuses on microbial data integration standards and technology to promote the application of Big Data approaches in the field of microorganisms. It does this by supporting the development of an effective information environment that promotes and sustains microbial research data activities and by exploring the value of microbiological data in order to better serve to research and industry.
- Researching data integration standards and promoting the application of Big Data, semantic web and other new technologies in the field of micro-organisms.
- Improving the interoperability of microbial resources data and diverse ‘omics’ data to reveal the great value of microbial data.
- Helping coordinate international cooperation with more than 600 microbiological culture collections from 70 countries for data and information preservation and access projects.
- Providing training and education to promote the application of cutting-edge information technology (IT) for this microbial resource information system.
- Setting up new e-learning tools and a comprehensive microbial and biotechnology information platform, to speed up the training of a new generation of microbial taxonomists, microbial culture collections curators and managers.
- Organizing workshops and conferences focused on IT, data and information management, intellectual property and other relevant issues to help promote data activities in various sectors of research and applications.
Activities and Outputs for 2015-2016
- Linked data of microbiology
- Analyzer of Bio-resource Citation (ABC)
- Information system and analysis tools for Whole Genome Sequence
- Annual Conference and training course
Deliverables for 2016
- Publication of WDCM activities and progress
- Publication of the Report on the mechanisms and policies for promoting access to and use of Scientific and Technical Information in Asian and Oceanic Countries
- Demo project of Analyzer of Bio-resource Citation (ABC)
- Demo project of information system and analysis tools of Whole Genome Sequence
- Construction of microbial resource information system and linking data of microbiology
- Integrated information system for microbial resources
Activity plan for 2015 and 2016
- Annual Conference and training course (August, 2015)
- Analyzer of Bio-resource Citation (ABC) (January to November, 2015)
- Annual Conference and training course (August, 2016)
- Linked data of microbiology (January to June, 2016)
- Information system and analysis tools for Whole Genome Sequence (May to December, 2016
|Director of Information Network Center
Director of WDCMInstitute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), ChinaProfessional Details:
Institute of Microbiology (CAS); ResearchGateContact Details :Ma (at) im.ac.cn
|Former Director of WDCM
National Institute of Genetics, Japan
Professional Details: ResearchGate.
Fungal Genetics Stock Center, School of Biological Sciences,
Executive Committee Liaison
Prof. Takashi GOJOBORI (Japan)
Vice President 2010-2018
Professional Details: Google Scholar; LinkedIn.
Contact Details: 1111 Yata, Mishima, Shizuoka 411-8540, Japan
E-mail: tgojobor (at) genes.nig.ac.jp