The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) joined CODATA in 1984 as a national member and organized the Chinese National Committee for CODATA (CN-CODATA or CODATA-China), which is comprised of 24 members from the CAS, related Ministries, Universities and Commissions. Acad Yaping Zhang, the vice president of CAS, is the Chairman of the CN-CODATA.
In 2019, CODATA Annual International Academic Conference was held in Beijing.
In 2019, International Workshop on Open Science Data Policy and Practice was held in Beijing.
In 2019, the 6th Chinese Scientific Data Conference themed “Scientific data and major research infrastructure” was held in Guiyang, Guilin Province.
In 2019, the 5th training courses for developing countries was held, 25 talents from 18 countries were shortlisted and trained. (In total 750 applicants.)
In 2018, the 5th Chinese Scientific Data Conference with the theme “Scientific Data and Artificial Intelligence” was held in Heihe, Heilongjiang Province.
In 2017, the 4th Chinese Scientific Data Conference on the theme “Scientific Data and National Science & Technology Programs” was held in Kunming, Yunnan Province.
In 2017, an international workshop on Open Scientific Data in the Era of Big Data was held, 20 talents from 15 countries participated.
In 2016, CODATA-China continued with the now annual ‘Scientific Data Conference’ and with a further edition of the Data Science Training for Researchers from Developing Countries, held in Beijing.
- 3rd Scientific Data Conference, Shanghai, China, 25-26 August, 2016
- International Training Workshop for Developing Countries on Big Data for Science, 4-15 July 2016
2015 was another important and active year for CODATA-China.
- 2nd Scientific Data Conference, Lanzhou, China, 26-27 August, 2015
- Big Research Data and Data Science, Papers from the 1st Scientific Data Conference in the Data Science Journal
CODATA-China was extremely active in 2014. Below are links to notable achievements of that year:
- International Training Workshop for Developing Countries on Big Data for Science, 4-20 June, 2014
- 1st Scientific Data Conference – Scientific Research Big Data and Data Science, 24-25 February, 2014
- “Scientific Discovery in Big Data Era” publication (which came from the above conference and was released in February 2014)
- The 507th Session of Xiangshan Science Conferences (XSSC) – Frontiers of Scientific Big Data, 22-24 October 2014.
2012 and earlier
Below are links to past achievements of CODATA-China before 2012 in particular categories:
- International conferences to promote data sharing in China
- Data Science research publications
- Data Sharing program in China
- China-US Roundtable on Scientific Data Cooperation
- Active Participation in CODATA Task Groups
- International Training Workshop for Developing Countries on Scientific Data Management and Sustainable Development
Back to CODATA-China main page
Page last updated: 2022-02-16