We hope that you had a great International Data Week 2023, comprising SciDataCon and the RDA Plenary!
All session organisers, and presenters of individual papers or posters are cordially invited to submit your work as a paper to the CODATA Data Science Journal.
Deadline: 31 March 2024
If accepted, the paper will form part of the high profile ongoing Special Collection for International Data Week and SciDataCon: https://datascience.codata.
Please note the following:
- The deadline for submissions to be part of the International Data Week special collection is 31 March 2024.
- Submissions should be made at http://datascience.codata.org/
- The submission should be a full research paper, practice paper or essay (please see instructions on the Data Science Journal website https://datascience.codata.
org/about/submissions/ ), not the abstract submitted for SciDataCon. Please consult carefully the submission guidelines https:// datascience.codata.org/about/ submissions
- Even though an abstract was accepted for SciDataCon, the full paper submitted to the Data Science Journal will be peer-reviewed to ensure quality – acceptance is not automatic but will be based on the usual processes and policies of the Data Science Journal.
- Given the number of papers expected we are unable systematically to waive the Article Processing Charge (APC) for all papers, however the Data Science Journal is very competitively priced and has a progressive waiver policy for those unable to pay the APC. CODATA’s arrangement with the Data Science Journal allows up to 10% of papers to be published with APCs waived for those unable to pay. In addition, CODATA has a small fund to enable further fees to be waived on the basis of need. In sum, any author who is unable to draw on institutional or sponsor/donor funding for the APC will be covered by the waiver policy. See http://datascience.codata.org/
about/submissions/ for any further information.