The Call for Proposals for the 7th Annual North American Data Documentation Initiative Conference (NADDI). The Data Documentation Initiative (DDI) is an international standard for describing the data produced by surveys and other observational methods in the social, behavioral, economic, and health sciences.NADDI 2019 ThemeThe conference theme is “Benefits of Describing Statistical Production and Variables,” which emphasizes the benefits of using metadata to drive efficiencies in a research data lifecycle, as well as promotes subsequent re-use of end data products, especially those generated by federal and national statistical agencies. The keynote speaker will be Anil Arora, Chief Statistician of Canada.Aimed at individuals working in and around data and metadata, NADDI 2019 seeks submissions of presentations and posters that highlight the use of DDI and other metadata standards within research projects, official statistics, survey operations, academic libraries, and data archives.
Proposals can include:
- Workshops or TutorialsImportant Information
- January 7: Deadline for conference proposals
- January 18: Notification of acceptance
- March 29: Early rate registration deadline
- Conference Dates: April 24-26, 2019
- Conference Location: Statistics Canada in Ottawa, CanadaHow to SubmitSubmissions may be made through the conference web site. The proposal deadline is January 7, 2019.