The theme of this symposium is convergence around ideas and implementations of FAIR. Throughout the week we will explore a range of activities which seem to be gaining influence, agreement and traction. A number of these will be introduced in Plenary Sessions 3: FAIR Convergence (Mon 30 Nov at 12:00-13:00 UTC). Watch the prerecorded presentations from the whole panel here.
The panel will discuss the central importance of FAIR Digital Objects (Luiz Bonino, GO FAIR); the contribution that can be made by FAIR Implementation Profiles (Erik Schultes, GO FAIR, and Barbara Magagna, Austrian Environment Agency); the role of FAIR Vocabularies and how these can be technically presented, maintained, governed and sustained (Alejandra Gonzalez-Beltran, STFC, and Simon Cox, CSIRO); the contribution which may be made by the approach taken by DDI-CDI to describing individual variable and tracking provenance (Arofan Gregory, Standards Consultant); and the fundamental need for interoperable units of measure (Bob Hanisch, NIST).
These topics will be explored further in sessions throughout the week.
FAIR Implementation Profiles: Report of Presymposium Workshops creating FAIR Implementation Profiles and the Convergence Matrix (Mon 30 Nov, 15:00-17:00 UTC)
FAIR Digital Objects: FAIR Digital Objects for Cross-domain Data Searching & Linking and Semantic Interoperability (Tue 1 Dec, 15:00-17:00 UTC)
FAIR Vocabularies: FAIR vocabularies and vocabulary services (Double Session) (Weds 2 Dec, 07:00-09:00 UTC and 11:00-13:00 UTC)
FAIR Data Provenance (including DDI-CDI): FAIR Data Provenance (Weds 2 Dec, 15:00-17:00 UTC)
Interoperable Units of Measure: discussion session (Thu 3 Dec, 11:00-13:00 UTC)
Application of DDI-CDI to an Infectious Disease Use-Case: Linking, Composing and Integrating Infectious Disease Data (Thu 3 Dec, 15:00-17:00 UTC)
DDI-CDI and the other DDI Specifications: The Data Documentation Initiative (DDI): Metadata for Comprehensive Data Management (Fri 4 Dec, 15:00-17:00 UTC)
Don’t miss out!
- Register FREE at https://bit.ly/FAIRCONVERGE1 using the code FAIRCONVERGE1
- Go to the Virtual Attendee Hub and login. Please remember to use the email address under which you registered.
- You will need the verification code to login to the Virtual Attendee Hub that will be sent to you by either email or text when logging in
- To join a session you registered for click on the tab “My Schedule”. A ‘Join Session’ button will appear next to the session description 5 minutes before the start. Click on that button to join the Zoom meeting or live stream session.
- Note: If you are a Session Organiser or a Speaker, go to the Speaker Resource Center. Login and at the top menu you will find the ‘My Sessions’ tab from which you can directly join your virtual session. Please make sure to be in your session 15 minutes before the start.