The CODATA Prize is made every two years at our conference. It is a major award which recognises outstanding achievement in advancing the availability, quality and use of data for research.
The 2016 CODATA Prize will be presented at SciDataCon 2016, 12-13 September 2016, Denver, Colorado, USA. SciDataCon 2016 is part of International Data Week, a major event for the global research data community. The recipient of the Prize will be presented with a commemorative artwork and will also receive financial support to travel to Denver to deliver a Prize lecture at SciDataCon 2016
In addition to recognising outstanding achievement in advancing the availability, quality and use of data for research, the CODATA Prize:
- is given in recognition either of a one time achievement or of an achievement over time;
- is given, in preference, to an individual;
- recognises work carried out in areas of importance to the CODATA mission, such as data management, evaluation, dissemination, access issues, international cooperation, knowledge discovery, archiving or related subjects.
Nominations should be sure to address these criteria.
Nominations may be made by CODATA National and Union Members, Supporting Organisations and Task Groups and should use the attached form.
CODATA Prize 2016 Committee
The CODATA Prize 2016 Committee is composed of:
- Geoffrey Boulton, CODATA President
- Takashi Gojobori, CODATA Vice-President
- Niv Ahituv, CODATA Vice-President
- Sara Graves, CODATA Secretary General
- John Broome, CODATA Treasurer