The Research Data Alliance (RDA) is an international member based organization focused on the development of infrastructure and community activities that reduce barriers to data sharing and exchange, and the acceleration of data driven innovation worldwide. With more than 6,900 members globally representing 137 countries, RDA includes researchers, scientists and data science professionals working in multiple disciplines, domains and thematic fields and from different types of organisations across the globe.
This special collection aims to collect and give visibility to research results and outcomes stemming from RDA activities.
In particular, it solicits high quality papers describing the latest results of RDA working groups (WGs) or interest groups (IGs) that have recently produced an output, including recommendation and associated use cases that could highlight the added value of RDA work in the data related fields.
The scope of the special collection is to become a point of reference for experts from the international community that are committed to directly or indirectly enabling data sharing, exchange, or interoperability. The aim is to promote the work carried out in IGs and WGs and bring the results obtained to the global data expert community. Specific tools, code, best practices, standards, surveys, recommendations, reports, and WG case statements will be brought to a larger audience via the peer-reviewed, open access Data Science Journal.
- 1 September 2018 – First Submission deadline
- Accepted articles will be published on-line on a rolling basis to the special collection as they are completed.
Publication fees (i.e. Article Processing Charges) for the first 6 articles will be covered by the “RDA Europe 4.0” project (funded by the European Commission, grant nr. 777388). No other fees will be charged to the Authors of this special collection for publication.
- Leonardo Candela, Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell’Informazione “A. Faedo”, Italian National Research Council, Pisa, Italy
- Donatella Castelli, Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell’Informazione “A. Faedo”, Italian National Research Council, Pisa, Italy
- Emma Lazzeri, Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell’Informazione “A. Faedo”, Italian National Research Council, Pisa, Italy
- Paolo Manghi, Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell’Informazione “A. Faedo”, Italian National Research Council, Pisa, Italy
Papers submitted to this special collection for possible publication must be original and must not be under consideration for publication in any other journal or conference. Previously published or accepted conference papers must contain at least 30% new material to be considered for the special collection.
All papers are to be submitted by following the instructions and guidelines availailabe at https://datascience.codata.org/about/submissions/. During the submission process authors should select the article type (Research Papers, Practice Papers, Reviews, Essays) and specify that the submission is to be considered for the special issue “Research Data Alliance Results” in the “Cover letter” to be compiled during the submission process.