The International Conference on Big Scientific Data Management (BigSDM 2018) will be held in Beijing, China, during November 30th–December 1st, 2018. The Conference is jointly organized by Chinese Academy of Sciences, Peking University, Tsinghua University, Renmin University, CWI, and MonetDB Solutions.
BigSDM 2018 aims to bring together international experts from natural and computer sciences to explore the life-cycle management of Big Scientific Data, to discuss major methodologies and key technologies in Big Data-driven discovery making, to exchange experience and knowledge about Big Scientific Data across various fields through specific cases, and to identify the challenges and opportunities in scientific discovery acceleration. We hope to, through the conference, gather ideas for fostering new ways of scientific thinking, and promote big data sciences at large.
Call for papers
The two-day conference provides an open forum to discuss the opportunities and challenges of a big scientific data ecosystem, and to explore best practices, standards, architectures and data infrastructures for fostering cross-disciplinary discovery and innovation.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Paradigms for enhancing scientific discovery through big data
- Framework for helping the science and AI communities to work together
- Data cleansing and quality assurance of science data
- Data sharing and preservation policy
- Data management challenges posed by big scientific data
- Machine learning methods to facilitate/accelerate scientific discovery
- Streaming data, sensor networks and complex event processing
- Scientific workflow management
- Science platforms: (hardware/software) tools for data discovery and analysis from different angles
- Storage system for large scale scientific applications
- Cloud technology for big scientific applications
- Scientific data visualisation
The online submission system is: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bigsdm2018. Authors may submit to either the full paper or short paper track. Full papers should be between 10 to 12 pages in length, and short papers between 6 to 8 pages. All submissions must be written in English and conform to the Springer LNCS proceedings format.
Accepted papers will be published in LNCS proceeding.
Full papers submission:
Notification to authors:
All deadlines are at 11:59PM Pacific Time.