Inviting you to the Australian Vocabulary Symposium 2022, running in Canberra and online (internationally) on 14-15 November, 2022.
This symposium will bring together users, creators and publishers of vocabularies across domains and sectors in Australia and globally, to share experiences and identify requirements for FAIR vocabularies underpinning cross-domain data.
The symposium will be headlined by plenary presentations from Simon Hodson (Executive Director, CODATA) and Adrian Burton (Deputy Director, Australian Research Data Commons) on the future of vocabulary management, within and across domains.
Where and when
Online and in person, on November 14 and 15, 2022, with the in-person event occurring at the Australian National University in Canberra. Register to participate free of charge.
Call for presentations
Speaking slots are available. A call for abstracts will be open until 21 October 2022, 11.59PM (AEST). The symposium is oriented around five themes, and potential presentations are welcomed on these and related themes:
- Cross-domain vocabularies in practice
- Extending vocabulary use across domains
- Current best practices in vocabulary management and governance in Australia
- Vocabulary services and technologies
- Social and institutional challenges and opportunities in the adoption of vocabularies
- Hear about cross-domain vocabularies in practice, and strategies for managing and governing vocabularies
- Meet experts and make new connections, and join the community of people who are working with vocabularies and vocabulary services
- Contribute to addressing social and institutional challenges and opportunities in adoption and management of vocabularies
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in vocabularies is welcome to participate, not just those based in Australia. A lot of the examples and context will be Australian, but the issues are of wider, global interest. The event will be of particular interest to researchers, data managers, vocabulary publishers, librarians and policy developers across the research, government and industry sectors.
On behalf of the Vocabularies Symposium Organising Committee: Rowan Brownlee, Simon Cox, Kheeran Dharmawardena, Steve McEachern, Megan Wong, Lesley Wyborn