International Training Workshop for Developing Countries on Scientific Data Management and Sustainable Development
Held in Beiing on 15-31 July 2012, this was the first of what has become a regular series of training workshops for students and eary career researchers from developing countries.
This Workshop offered hands-on training on state-of-the-art scientific data management methods and information technologies for research community members coming from developing countries. Through theoretical study and field practice, it provides participants with practical information and techniques for effective and efficient scientific data management in the context of real-world sustainable development problem-solving.
- Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA)
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
- CODATA Secretariat
- Chinese National Committee for CODATA
- Computer Network Information Center, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN), Columbia University
There were 14 researchers, data managers, and data scientists, from 9 developing countries (Vietnam, India, Afghanistan, Thailand, Mongolia, Nepal, Indonesia, South Africa and Zimbabwe), who attended this training workshop.
Find out more
Highlights from 2012
Past Achievements (summary)