CALL FOR PAPERS
10th Annual European DDI User Conference (EDDI18), DDI – The Basis of Managing the Data Life Cycle
Submission Deadline: September 2, 2018
Place: Berlin, Germany
Date: December 4/5, 2018
Host: The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP) at DIW Berlin Germany
EDDI18 is organized jointly by SOEP – The German Socio-Economic Panel, GESIS – Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences and IDSC of IZA – International Data Service Center of the Institute for the Study of Labor.
The Data Documentation Initiative (DDI) is an international standard for describing the data produced by surveys and other observational methods in the social, behavioral, economic, and health sciences.
The meeting will bring together DDI users and professionals from all over Europe and the world. Anyone interested in developing, applying, or using DDI is invited to attend and present.
Call for Papers
We are seeking presentations, talks, papers, posters on all things DDI:
- Case Studies
- Mature implementations
- Early Implementations
- Interplay of DDI with other standards or technologies
- Projects in early phases in which DDI is under consideration
- Critiques of DDI
The topics of the conference include, but are not limited to:
- User Needs, Efficient Infrastructures and Improved Quality
- Official Statistics
- Reusing and Sharing Metadata
- Data Harmonization
- Incentives to Document Data
- Open Data and Linked Open Data
- Privacy and Access Control
- Metadata versus Data and Related Ethics
- Software / Tools
Proposals are welcome for multiple content types and presentation forms.
- Scientific Method
- Impact for the Community
- Project Report
- Full Paper
- Regular Presentation
- Short Presentation
- Poster/Software Demonstration
- Complete Session
Other Submission Types
- Tutorial or Workshop
- Side Meeting
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please have a look at the overview on submissions and use the online submission system of the conference.
- The deadline for submissions is September 2, 2018.
- Please have a look at the Call for Paper page for further details.
- Please consider to indicate the availability as reviewer as well.
Jon Johnson and Joachim Wackerow (co-chairs) on behalf of the EDDI18 Program Committee