A virtual CODATA General Assembly is being convened on 15 December 2020, 11:00-13:00 UTC. Please see the related letter from the CODATA President Barend Mons.
To join the Virtual General Assembly as an observer, please register for GoToWebinar using the following link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.
The first purpose of the virtual General Assembly will be to review the outcomes of the matters for voting. These include constitutional changes recommended by the Officers and Executive Committee (as outlined in the appendix to the letter from the CODATA President); and approval of proposed composition of the Nominating Committee.
These matters for voting will be handled via an online voting platform Election Runner ahead of the virtual General Assembly. Delegates to the virtual General Assembly received detailed information on the matters for voting and an invitation to cast their votes electronically.
The second purpose of the virtual General Assembly will be to provide an opportunity to update the delegates and membership on CODATA’s activities and achievements in 2020 and to highlight key activities and dates in 2021.
Agenda for Virtual GA on 15 December 2020, 11:00 – 13:00 UTC
11:00 – 11:02 Housekeeping for Webinar and Virtual GA (Simon Hodson)
11:02 – 11:05 Opening the Virtual GA (Barend Mons)
11:05 – 11:15 Short Statement of the Matters for Voting and the Voting Results (Bonnie Carroll)
11:15 – 12:10 Highlights from 2020
- Report from the FAIR Convergence Symposium (Hana Pergl and Simon Hodson)
- Decadal Programme Progress (Simon Hodson)
- UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science (Simon Hodson)
- Data Science Journal (Mark Parsons)
- Data Policy Committee (Mark Leggott)
- UNDRR-ISC Revision of the Hazard Terminology (Virginia Murray)
- CODATA Connect Early Career Group (Shaily Gandhi)
- Data Schools (Venkat Shanmugasundaram)
- Task Group, Working Group and Project Highlights (a selection, TBC)
- National Committees Activity (Ernie Boyko and Bonnie Carroll)
- Finance and Membership Report (John Broome)
- Questions and comments
12:10 – 12:20 Vision for CODATA (Barend Mons)
- Data Together
- Questions and comments
12:20 – 12:40 The Year Ahead (Simon Hodson)
- Decadal Programme Next Steps
- Global Open Science Cloud
- Review of CAS Earth Data Policy
- Call for TGs (for action)
- Nominations for ExComm (for action)
- IDW 2021 (Seoul, Nov 2021), call for sessions, call for papers (for action)
12:40 – 13:00 Q&A, Discussion (Barend Mons)