TROP ICSU (https://tropicsu.org) is a global project funded by the International Council of Science. It aims to improve awareness of climate change and the science behind it among students by developing teaching aids for teachers at the high school (secondary school) and undergraduate (Bachelor’s degree) levels.
These educational resources, with detailed step-by-step descriptions to use them in regular lectures (see: https://tropicsu.org/resources/lesson-plans/), are designed in such a way that in addition to bringing climate-related examples and case studies to the core curriculum, they also enhance conceptual understanding of the topics in basic science, mathematics and other disciplines.
There are more than 10 such lesson plans on our website that could be used by teachers of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Earth Science, Social Science, etc.
Before we scale this up and expand our activities further, we would like to do a survey of teachers across the globe to get a feedback so that our efforts would be more effective in the long run.
The short survey would take approximately 8-10 minutes to complete. Thank you for taking the time to respond to the questionnaire. We assure you that your responses will be treated as confidential.
The survey is available in several languages. Please choose your preferred language from the list below:
- English: https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/survey-english/
- Catalan: https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/estudi-catalan/
- Chinese: https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/survey-chinese/
- French: https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/enquete-french/
- German: https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/survey-german/
- Hindi: https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/survey-hindi-2/
- Italian: https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/survey-italian/
- Japanese: https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/japanese/
- Spanish: https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/encuesta-spanish-ecuador/
We would greatly appreciate your help in forwarding the survey to a wide audience of teachers and teacher networks in regions across the world. The results of this survey will be posted on https://tropicsu.org after collecting and analyzing the responses.