The CODATA Prize is a major biennial award made by the Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA) which is an interdisciplinary body of ICSU, the International Council for Science.
Purpose and Criteria
- acknowledges outstanding achievement in the world of scientific and technical data;
- is given in recognition either of a one time achievement or of an achievement over time;
- is given, in preference, to an individual;
- recognises work carried out in fields of importance to scientific and technical data, such as data management, evaluation, dissemination, access issues, international cooperation, knowledge discovery, archiving or related subjects.
Nominations should be sure to address these criteria.
The 2014 CODATA Prize will be presented at SciDataCon 2014, 2-5 November 2014, New Delhi, India. The recipient of the Prize will be presented with a commemorative piece of art and will also receive financial support to travel to New Delhi to deliver a Prize lecture at SciDataCon 2014.
Procedure for Nominations
Nominations may be made by CODATA National and Union Members, Supporting Organisations and Task Groups and should use the attached form: CODATA Prize Nominations 2014 Form-v02.
Nominations should be submitted to Simon Hodson, CODATA Executive Director:
The deadline for nominations is 21 July 2014.
Past winners of the CODATA Prize are listed at http://www.codata.info/archives/prize.html
CODATA Prize 2014 Committee
The CODATA Prize 2014 will be judged by a Committee composed of:
- Huadong Guo, CODATA President
- Takashi Gojobori, CODATA Vice-President
- Sara Graves, CODATA Secretary General
- John Broome, CODATA Treasurer